
I found this image in honor of St. Patrick's Day, and it outlines the various languages spoken or once spoken in the British Isles. I think it is a very interesting and actually effective way to relay this information: the countries are in green, the languages are in blue, and the language families are in red. The confusing history of these languages is expressed fairly clearly here, which I think is a positive.
However, I think that this graphic could undergo some changes to make it even better and very effective. First of all, it should have a key! It should not leave the reader to figure that out. Secondly, I think that the font and size of the words could be used to generate more of a difference between the groups and be used a little more effectively. Other than that, for the number of levels of information that are expressed I think it was a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment