Just in time for Tax Day, here's a graphic that is both cool looking and (sorta) useful. I wonder where my tax dollars go and this chart correlates the size of its bubbles to the amount of money being spent in each sector, kind of like GapMinder or a tag cloud. It's highly informative and gives you not only an idea of how big various budgets are (both objectively and in relation to each other) it also gives you an idea of what money is actually spent on. Also, I like how the various seals for the different state departments are incorporated into the design, which also reminds me of buttons. I didn't know what the "National Institutes of Health" crest looked like and now I do. Yay taxes!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Tax Day Graph!
Just in time for Tax Day, here's a graphic that is both cool looking and (sorta) useful. I wonder where my tax dollars go and this chart correlates the size of its bubbles to the amount of money being spent in each sector, kind of like GapMinder or a tag cloud. It's highly informative and gives you not only an idea of how big various budgets are (both objectively and in relation to each other) it also gives you an idea of what money is actually spent on. Also, I like how the various seals for the different state departments are incorporated into the design, which also reminds me of buttons. I didn't know what the "National Institutes of Health" crest looked like and now I do. Yay taxes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment