Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chart for Expert Drinkers


A little silly I know, but once you finish looking at the Tax Day graph this one might come in handy. This is apparently an expert guide to drinking wine and includes information on each year, region, and make of wine from 1970 to 2001. It's pretty easy to use and you can see from the key easily which wines to avoid and which ones are really special. My only concern is that apparently blue squares are the average quality of wine and yet it seems that less than half the squares are blue. I would think that the number of average squares would be closer to half the total number of squares in the chart but I suppose this depends on what kind of average they relied on and whether it was a mean, a median or a mode. Regardless, this would be the type of graph it would be really nice to make pocket-sized so you could take it to the supermarket with you.

No comments: