
This graph shows the total aggregate greenhouse gas emissions of certain countries in percentage of change from 1990 until 2002. I was immediately attracted to this graph because it clearly organizes the data to make a particular impact that I do not have to search long for. By laying out the countries along the y-axis from most negative to most positive percentage change, I, as the viewer, am able to easily orient myself with the data. My only suggestion may be that the percentage change is placed on the y-axis so as to provide a more horizontal approach to the data. I think my eyes would understand the bars going "under" the 0-line more easily than the bars going to the "left."
1 comment:
I think your argument for making the bars vertical is an interesting one. I just wonder how well you think this would work with the long labels (country names), which would either then cause the spacing to be very wide, or would have to be put vertically (and thus be harder to read)?
Also, as we move toward more "interactive" graphs, I think this is the best order for the countries, but I wonder if there isn't an easier way to "find" a specific country.
Post a Comment